Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Doctor Appointments

The rest of this week is filled with doctor appointments. In the morning, Tyler goes tomorrow for his post NICU checkup with the pediatrician. Hopefully he's back to birth weight...although I was just trying to feed him and could only get about 3/4 oz down him. He's more interested in sleeping. He's doing good, so adorable and his siblings just love him...lots of hugs and kisses.

At 12:30 tomorrow Melanie has the PET scan. We won't know the results until Friday. Although she found another lump under her left arm today. For the last 3 days she has had this incredible pain from the base of her neck on down. Nothing seems to relieve it. We're not sure if it's from the lumps in her neck pressing on a nerve, stress, or something else. She's got some prescription pain medicine now so hopefully after the next dose, there will be some improvement.

Melanie has pre-op testing Thursday morning and on Friday she has her first chemo treatment. We'll be at the oncologist for most of the day. She's going to have the port put in on Monday. I hope she's feeling well enough for it, after having a chemo treatment the Friday before.

The last few days have been peaceful, except for Melanie's pain. After this week is over, we'll know what to expect from the treatments, maybe, and we can figure out a routine. It's the uncertainty that causes the fear. Isaiah 41:10 says "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Everyday, we get gifts from God, sometimes they are little and we almost miss them (or do, until we look back), other times they hit us between the eyes. But they're there and I know God is going to uphold us and take away this fear, leaving comfort and peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon and Melanie,
I want you to know that I believe the verse Sharon quoted in today's blog is true. Keep strong in your belief and look for the miracles. They are there.

Keep strong as a family and cling to each other. I know you will make it through this Melanie.

I continue to pray for all of you and know that our God is mighty and can do anything.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Jesus caused Bartimaeus to see. He helped 3 men in a fiery furnace. He raised the son of the widow of Nain. He fed 5000 with 2 fish and 5 loaves. He turned water into wine. He healed lepers and a woman with a bleeding problem. He raised Lazarus from the dead.

All these people had a need. Jesus saw the need and helped them. He sees your need too and hears the many prayers for you. He is still on the throne and has all the power. He has an answer for you.

God bless you in the coming days. We are praying for you all at our house.

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

With love in Jesus, Linda