About 8:30 this morning, I gave Melanie a choice...either she calls the doctor or I do. I did. I was afraid she was going to go into labor. After waiting an hour for the doctor to call, I called again. This time the doctor called right back. She said to go to the hospital for a IV and anti-nausea medicine, so we went around 10 AM. Got all checked in and the IV started just before 11. They discovered she also has a bladder infection, so some antibiotics were ordered for her IV drip. She was having contractions but nothing regular. After about an hour, I could tell a big difference in her. She was looking a lot better and sitting up and talking. It was a relief. They ordered her some soup, which wasn't good but she dipped her crackers in it and ate some of it. She kept it all down so they said she could go home. We left about 2PM...which was surprising because I thought we were going to stay most of the day.
Melanie is doing so much better now. The doctor is going to call in a prescription for the anti-nausea medicine so she should make her delivery date. This just goes to show you, not matter how old your child gets, sometimes you as a parent, has to step in and tell them what they NEED to do. She was afraid she'd have to stay over night if she went to the hospital....most of the time, NEEDS out weighs WANTS.
Thank you Jesus for watching over Melanie and baby Tyler today.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad that you called the doctor and stepped in! Melly is a very lucky woman to have a mommy like you! I have your whole family in my prayers and I wish there was more that I could do for her! She is a very strong person and I know that she will pull through all of this and be an even stronger person. Give her all of my love for me. Thank you for keeping this blog about how everything is going. God Bless you and your family and especially Melly and baby Tyler!
Love-Sara Michaud
Post a Comment