Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's really real

I realized last night that Melanie is sick, that she really does have cancer. She has been staying with us off and on since she was diagnosed on August 20th. Other than seeing the lumps on her neck, you wouldn't have know anything was wrong. Well, that's not the case now. I think the cancer is starting to gain ground. In the past few weeks she hasn't had a whole lot of energy and the last few days she hasn't been able to keep anything down. Tiredness and nausea are two key symptoms of Hodgkin Lymphoma. If things don't improve this morning, I think it will be time to call the doctor and go to the ER for an IV. Tyler's delivery date is still a few weeks away and we don't want him to come before then...37 weeks is better that 35.

No comments: