Thursday, September 4, 2008

OB Appointment

Melanie went to the OB doctor today. She didn't gained any weight, nor did she lose any, so that was good. Tyler's heartbeat is good and strong. She won't need to have any steroid shots, nor go to the OB specialist since she'll be 37 weeks and that's not considered premature. The doctor did say the baby will probably be about 6 lbs.

We should know tomorrow what day they are going to induce Melanie...it takes a day or two to coordinate schedules with the hospital and doctor...but it looks like it will be the week of September 22nd.

Today is also Catie's 6th birthday! We had "breakfast" for dinner and opened presents. We'll be celebrating Rebekah's and Catie's birthdays on Saturday. So that should be fun for us. Rebekah will be 17! Can't hardly believe it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon, Jim and Family,

We were shocked when we saw your e-mail. Here I was getting ready to e-mail and ask how Jim is doing and what do I see but something about Mel. We have had you guys in our prayers regarding Jim's troubles for a while. When we read the e-mail we changed the prayer to say the whole Kirkman family. We did ask Pastor Lemke here at Abiding Hope to say a prayer for Melanie last Sunday and, of course, he did. When we told him about Jim's troubles he included him in the prayer also.

We will definitely keep you in our prayers and will keep in touch. We will read the blog also though I cry a lot when I read parts of it.

May God watch over all of you,
Connie and Greg

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating me on Melanie's progress. I will continue to keep Melanie and your entire family in my prayers.